A new mac will be configured to login automatically using the default user account. Although this appears to be a really cool and convenient feature it poses an enormous security and privacy risk.
Imagine having to explain somebody else’s browsing history after you left your computer to go to lunch. Yikes!!
Follow these steps to deactivate Automatic Login on your computer.
- Click the Apple logo in the top left corner of the screen.
- Now click on “System Preferences”.
- And then click “Users & Groups”.
- Now click on “Login Options” at the bottom of the panel that contains the list of users.
- The “Automatic login” option can be found to the left.
- Select “Off” from the corresponding drop-down list.
- And then close “System Preferences”
- That’s it!