The Guest account is enabled by default and it allows anybody to use your Mac to browse the internet.
Given, that the security of a Mac can be compromised by visiting a poisonous website this seems like an unnecessary risk. In theory, the guest account should operate in a sandbox with limited access to files, folders and other system resources. However, given the opportunity somebody will find a way to circumvent these controls (as they have done with the various iPhone jail break hacks and that’s a platform which is highly regulated).
Use the following steps to disable the Guest account
- Click the Apple logo in the top left corner of the screen.
- Now click on “System Preferences”.
- And then click “Users & Groups”.
- Now clear the ticks from the…
- “Allow guests to log in to this computer” check box.
- “Enable parental controls” check box.
- And the “Allow guests to connect to shared folders” check box.
- And then close “System Preferences”
- That’s it!